Skip to content
During conversations with friends and clients books, websites and other resources tend to come up. this is a list of interesting and noteworthy materials that we have gathered over time.
We appreciate any suggestions to add to this list. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a title.
- Tales of Old Florida
- A land remembered by Patrick D. Smith
- A Culinary History of Florida by Joy Sheffield Harris
- Florida’s agricultural heritage by Wayne Harris of the Florida Agricultural Hall of Fame
Agriculture, botany and biology in the tropics and subtropics
- Fruits of warm climates by Julia Morton
- Perennial vegetables by Eric Toensmeier
- Un nuevo ABC de la agricultura orgánica Mierda a la carta by Jairo Restrepo et al.
- Plantas comestibles de Centroamérica by INBio Costa Rica
- Florida’s best fruiting plants by Charles R. Boning
- Florida’s edible wild plants by Peggy Sias Lantz
- Frutas tropicales de Costa Rica by Ellen Sancho et al.
- Compost everything by David the Good
- Totally crazy easy Florida gardening by David the Good
- Create your own Florida Food Forest by David the Good
- Start a Home-Based Plant Nursery by David the Good
- Edible leaves of the tropics by Franklin W. Martin and Ruth M. Ruberté
- Mycelium Running by Paul Stamets
- A Naturalist on a Tropical Farm / La Finca de un Naturalista by Alexander F. Skutch (Spanish edition available)
- Paradise Lot by Eric Toensmeier
- Water storage by Art Ludwig
- Create an Oasis with Greywater by Art Ludwig
- Earthbag construction by Kelly hart
- A pattern language by Christopher Alexander et al.
- The Humanure Handbook by Joseph Jenkins
Useful websites and online archives